Tax Tips, Tactics and Traps for the Small Business Owner
Speaker: Jackie Truax
What's keeping you awake at night? Here's your chance to play "Stump the CPA":
- Should I be a corporation?
- How long do I need to keep these bank statements?
- Should I take that project down in Yreka?
- What do I need to do if I'm selling online?
- What if I hire my child?
- Will I ever be able to retire?
- Do I need a CPA?
Our speaker, Jackie Truax will pass along tax tips for the small business owner. She is a CPA and partner in Winkelman-Bruce & Truax, LLP, in Medford, Oregon. She specializes in small business consulting, including tax preparation, bookkeeping, payroll, and Quickbooks consulting.
Jackie has a Masters degree in Business Education from Southern Oregon State College and a Bachelor of Science in Business Education from Oregon State University. She has taught at the high school, community college, and vocational college levels, and continues to enjoy conducting seminars for her clients.
She is a member of the Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants, the Oregon Association of Tax Consultants, Pro Club, the Medford/Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, and is a past president of the Kiwanis Club of Medford. She and her husband Vince live in Central Point with their three 4-legged "kids" Riley, Max, and Barkley.
6:00 Dinner and Introductions
6:45 Business Spotlight
8:00 Meeting adjourns
THIS MONTH'S DINNER MENU:
Regular entrée – Baked sole with citrus beurre blanc and roasted red potatoes
Vegetarian option – Grilled portobello mushroom with baked potato
The meal also includes:
- tossed green salad
- fresh sauteed vegetables
- chef's choice dessert
- warm rolls and butter
- coffee (regular and decaf), tea (hot and iced)
Make a reservation online with payment or call in your attendance reservation to Carol Vandell at 541-292-6326. (Also, contact Carol if you have special dietary needs, cancellations or other questions about registration.) Please submit your reservation request (online payment or phone) by 9:00 p.m. on Monday, December 8th. Reservations made after this cut-off date cannot be guaranteed. Cancellations must also be received by that date or you will be responsible for payment of the uncancelled event.
Please note the following prices:
- Member - $20.00 for online registration and payment. Phone reservations and payment at the door - $23.00
- Non-member - $25.00 for online registration and payment. Phone reservations and payment at the door - $28.00
- Program only - $15.00 for online registration or payment at the door.