Secrets of Master Networkers
Speaker: Ingrid Edstrom
Congratulations! You made it to an event. Now what? As much as most of us are well-adjusted adults who learned to make friends back in grade school, even the most extroverted class-clowns still feel awkward in new social situations, particularly where there is pressure to be professional, make a good impression, and produce the results we are hoping for.
Believe it or not, networking is a learned skill, not some innate, magical gift reserved for the people you see schmoozing it up at networking events. Regardless of your previous networking experience and current comfort level, you will find this interactive workshop to be a fun way to enhance your WESO experience, giving you the tools to make the most of the potential relationships you can build here.
Join Ingrid Edstrom of Polymath LLC and AskABookkeeper.com and discover:
- Why networking is an important part of every business
- Your company's unique network strategy
- Your personal networking personality and strengths
- Tools to get out of your own way and step forward as a leader
- Immediate action items to establish the relationships that will bring the results you want
Ingrid Edstrom is a bookkeeping nerd and CEO of the award-winning bookkeeping firm, Polymath LLC. She was recently recognized as one of the accounting profession's Top 40 Under 40
, one of the Most Powerful Women in Accounting
, and the 2017 Top "Up-N-Comer" ProAdvisor
. Ingrid is the creator of the AskABookkeeper.com online education series, a member of Profit First Professionals, a member of the Intuit Trainer/Writer Network, and leader of the Southern Oregon Woodard Group. When Ingrid is not teaching or playing her favorite video game (QuickBooks!), she is usually playing Irish music or frolicking with her goats.
WESO supports the Community Works - Dunn House Shelter and we collect monetary contributions for Dunn House Shelter at our meetings.Click here for more info. on what they need.
6:00 Dinner and Introductions
6:45 Business Spotlight
8:00 Meeting adjourns
THIS MONTH'S DINNER MENU:
Regular entrée – Roasted pork loin with wild mushroom cream sauce and au gratin potatoes
Vegetarian option – Butternut squash-cranberry penne pasta
The meal also includes:
- poached pear and bleu cheese spinach salad
- fresh sauteed vegetables
- rolls and butter
- chef's choice dessert
- coffee (regular and decaf), tea (hot and iced)
Make a reservation online with payment or call in your attendance reservation to Carol Vandell at 541-292-6326. (Also, contact Carol if you have special dietary needs, cancellations or other questions about registration.) Please submit your reservation request (online payment or phone) by 9:00 p.m. on Monday, December 11th. Reservations made after this cut-off date cannot be guaranteed. Cancellations must also be received by that date or you will be responsible for payment of the uncancelled event.
Please note the following prices:
- Member - $22.00 for online registration and payment. Phone reservations and payment at the door - $25.00
- Non-member - $27.00 for online registration and payment. Phone reservations and payment at the door - $30.00
- Program only - $15.00 for online registration or payment at the door.