How to Attract Customers Through Social Media
Speaker: Lisa Baehr
Businesses and entrepreneurs everywhere are jumping onto the social media bandwagon, eagerly expecting to instantly attract customers. What many forget, however, is that social media networks aren’t “just another” broadcast forum. The social in social media means listening, two-way conversation, building trust before selling. It means building valuable, long-term relationships instead of one-time transactions.
We’ll discuss several tactics for developing these relationships, such as:
- Identifying the social media platforms that your ideal customers use,
- Identifying the social media platforms that best suit your product or service,
- Spending 80% of your time becoming a helpful, trustworthy source and only 20% selling.
Lisa Baehr is a communication specialist here in the Rogue Valley. She has a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Oregon and a master’s degree in information studies from the University of Texas. With a background in social media from USAA, a Fortune 200 financial services company in San Antonio, Lisa now trains and mentors more than a dozen geographically dispersed employees while based at Pacific Retirement Services in Medford. She also manages the social media channels for the annual Women’s Leadership Conference hosted by Southern Oregon University and many local businesses. She recently taught a popular social media workshop for the Small Business Development Center at SOU.
6:00 Dinner and Introductions
6:45 Business Spotlight
8:00 Meeting adjourns
THIS MONTH'S DINNER MENU:
Regular entrée – Vegetarian Lasagna
Vegetarian option – Same as regular entrée
The meal also includes:
- chef's choice salad
- hot vegetables
- chef's choice dessert (this month is fresh baked cookies)
- warm rolls & butter
- coffee (regular and decaf), tea (hot and iced)
You may make a reservation online with payment or call in your attendance reservation. Please submit your reservation request (online payment or phone) by 9:00 p.m. on Monday, Feb 10th. Reservations made after this cut-off date cannot be guaranteed. Cancellations must also be received by that date or you will be responsible for payment of the uncancelled event.
Please note the following prices:
- Member - $18.00 (USD) for online registration and payment. Phone reservations and payment at the door - $20.00
- Non-member - $23.00 (USD) for online registration and payment. Phone reservations and payment at the door - $25.00
- Program only - $15.00 (USD) for online registration or payment at the door.