Messaging for Maximum Impact
Speaker: Donnie Maclurcan
This month, we'll learn how to design social media posts in ways that maximize their chances of being shared and leading to the actions you most seek. You'll learn:
- The four rules in designing for 'virality'
- What language to avoid in crafting your messages
- How to create beautiful designs to accompany your social media posts in just a few minutes
Our speaker is Dr. Donnie Maclurcan, an Affiliate Professor in Social Science at SOU and an advocate for all things not-for-profit. Having founded one of the world's largest social media alliances, with a combined reach of more than 3 million Facebook and Twitter followers, Donnie is passionate about sharing the power of social media platforms with entrepreneurs in the Rogue Valley.
To continue WESO's support of the Community Works - Dunn House Shelter that started at the Showcase, you can make contributions at the registration table at this meeting. Click here for more info. on what they need.
6:00 Dinner and Introductions
6:45 Business Spotlight
8:00 Meeting adjourns
THIS MONTH'S DINNER MENU:
Regular entrée – Chicken piccata in caper lemon butter sauce and herbed penne pasta
Vegetarian option – Tofu stir fry
The meal also includes:
- tossed green salad
- fresh sauteed vegetables
- chef's choice dessert
- warm rolls and butter
- coffee (regular and decaf), tea (hot and iced)
Make a reservation online with payment or call in your attendance reservation to Carol Vandell at 541-292-6326. (Also, contact Carol if you have special dietary needs, cancellations or other questions about registration.) Please submit your reservation request (online payment or phone) by 9:00 p.m. on Monday, May 11th. Reservations made after this cut-off date cannot be guaranteed. Cancellations must also be received by that date or you will be responsible for payment of the uncancelled event.
Please note the following prices:
- Member - $20.00 for online registration and payment. Phone reservations and payment at the door - $23.00
- Non-member - $25.00 for online registration and payment. Phone reservations and payment at the door - $28.00
- Program only - $15.00 for online registration or payment at the door.