Speaker: Donny Saindon
Getting Your Smart Phone, Tablet, and PC to Talk and Work Together
This month's program covers "Technical Cross-Pollination," or how to get the most value from your tablets, smart phones, and PCs!
Tablets and smart phones are going to replace computers, or so we're told. Do you know how much they can do for you and business? Come find out how the integration of these devices can increase your business's efficiency, thus increasing your bottom line.
You'll learn about:
- Email and calendar integration
- How "Cloud Computing" can set you free when it comes to smart phone and tablet usage
- Printing - you can do it from your tablet or smart phone
- Remote Login Access on your devices – free and more useful than you think!
- To keyboard or not to keyboard?
- Projection systems
- How to be "snazzy" with your tablet when you're trying to win over new clients.
- Data plans vs. WiFi - which makes sense for you?
- Many other great tips!
Donny Saindon, our speaker, earned his degree in Computer Science from Southern Oregon University and since then has been a professional Computer Technician. In 2006, he and Amber Cortez co-founded Excalibur Computer Solutions, a technology services company that now employs five people. Excalibur mainly works with small and medium sized businesses here in the Rogue Valley. Since they have over 1,000 clients, a large portion of Southern Oregon's IT infrastructure relies heavily on Donny and his team. He believes strongly in creating and implementing efficiencies for businesses and uses his knowledge of technology to help do so.
With the rise of smart phones and tablets and their related operating systems, Donny is helping business professionals find new ways to be more effective at what they do. He and Amber are also avid network marketing advocates in the valley, believing that strong business connections are good for everyone. Both have served in various board positions with networking organizations such as Rotary, Chamber, BNI, WESO, and Active 20-30. Currently, in addition to being a "go to" guy for technology support, he also serves as the President of a local BNI chapter.
6:00 Dinner and Introductions
6:45 Business Spotlight
8:00 Meeting adjourns
THIS MONTH'S DINNER MENU:
Regular entree - Roasted Pork Loin w/Apple Brandy Cream Sauce
Vegetarian option – Vegetable Cheese Puff Pastry
The meal also includes:
- chef's choice salad
- hot vegetables
- chef's choice dessert
- warm rolls & butter
- coffee (regular and decaf), tea (hot and iced), water
You may make a reservation online with payment or call in your attendance reservation to 888-436-2338. Please submit your reservation request (online payment or phone) by 9:00 p.m. on Monday, April 8th. Reservations made after this cut-off date cannot be guaranteed. Cancellations must also be received by that date or you will be responsible for payment of the uncancelled event.
Please note the following prices:
- Member - $18.00 (USD) for online registration and payment. Phone reservations and payment at the door - $20.00
- Non-member - $23.00 (USD) for online registration and payment. Phone reservations and payment at the door - $25.00
- Program only - $15.00 (USD) for online registration or payment at the door.